Tuesday, April 9, 2013

In all circumstances...

Just read an awesome post from ArtofManliness.com, and although I'm not a man, I can't help but share it because it speaks the truth.

The post was titled Every Man’s Call to Defiant Gratefulness, and was written by Marcus Brotherton.  I have a softspot in my heart for our military and when I saw that a friend on FB had posted this article, the picture of a WWII Marine is what actually prompted me to read it. 
I do hope you'll take a few moments to read it and reflect on the challenge Brotherton presents to his readers.  Here's some highlights from the post:


"Sure, the horrors never leave you. But I can say until my dying day that I fought with the United States Marine Corps." - WWII veteran R.V. Burgin
 
How will adversity sit with us? Will we work through it, acknowledging that the trouble was genuine trouble and yet knowing that it strangely helped form us into who we are today? Or will we become victims of adversity, forever dismayed by it, perpetually sorrowing at our losses, continually hurt by our disappointments?
In simplest terms: Will that hardship make or break us?
"Give thanks in all circumstances..." {1 Thessolonians 5:18}



grate·ful (adjective):
1. warmly or deeply appreciative of kindness or benefits received; thankful: I am grateful to you for your help.

2.  expressing or actuated by gratitude: a grateful letter.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment