Friday, June 21, 2013

Combining your hobbies

By now you might have figured out that I like to travel and I like doing crafty/creative things.  So travel related crafts are at the top of my favorite's list. Here's a fantastic gift made by one of my SUPER-DUPER creative and talented cousins (I have a lot of cousins).  I'm not 100% certain, but I believe this is what she did.  She took a canvas and painted it the color of the background on the map she was using.  She then cut up the map (it was larger than the canvas) and modge-podged the sections of the world that I'd visited already onto the canvas.  At first glance you don't even realize that it's not geographically correct (that's how good she is).  Then, because she's so talented, she wrote on one of my favorite quotes.  Had I made such a masterpiece I'd have had to trace out my lettering or something...  Isn't it grand? The perfect gift for a travel junkie like me :)


Now, this craft is for all you tourist T-shirt hoarders (I'm not judging, I have my own stash).  For whatever reason you decide the t-shirt is too great to pass up.  You bring it home, and it sits in your closet.  You don't want to get rid of it because, well, you paid for it, and it was a great trip!  I realize you can only make so  many pillows, but I think this pillow turned out pretty great :)  I'm honestly not even sure why I bought a shirt that said that because I would never wear it....I think the phrase was just too tricky for me to pass up.



a·bil·i·ty  (noun)

1. power or capacity to do or act physically, mentally, legally, morally, financially, etc.
2.  competence in an activity or occupation because of one's skill, training, or other qualification
3. abilities, talents; special skills or aptitudes

No comments:

Post a Comment