Thursday, December 26, 2013

Oh really? Wow!


With the major holidays over, the majority of my family now knows of my impending departure to the Land Down Under.  What are the most common comments I’ve heard?  “Oh wow, what made you decide to move there?”  “I’ve always wanted to go there!”  And then something along the lines of, “you’re going to meet an Australian man and we’ll never see you again.”  Of all the places I’ve gone this destination is definitely the one that seems to be on everyone’s bucket list.  Oddly enough, it’s actually NOT on my bucket list of countries to visit.  I figured it was (because I mean, it’s Australia – where else can you visit a continent that’s a country as well??), but when I looked through my list it wasn’t….  Oh well, I can still cross it off as a continent and a country.  My favorite is when my aunt asked why I was moving there and I told her I had a visa and she replied, “well so do I, but I usually use mine at Walmart.” At the end of the day, I just can't believe how blessed I am to have such a supportive family - do they want me gone?  Definitely not, but  they're willing to send me off with their blessing...

What's your favorite remark when you've told someone of your travel plans?





question (noun)
1.  a sentence in an interrogative form, addressed to someone inorder to get information in reply.
2.  a problem for discussion or under discussion; a matter for investigation.

question (verb - used with object)
1.  to ask (someone) a question; ask questions of; interrogate.
2.  to ask or inquire.
3.  to make a question of; doubt: He questioned her sincerity.

No comments:

Post a Comment