Friday, February 28, 2014

Quitting Your Job to Move Overseas

I wasn't quite sure what to expect out of the day.  Would I be really sad to say goodbye to everyone?  Would I cry?  Would I be happy to leave?  I'm not very good with emotions and I'm not very emotional, which has, at times, had my siblings question, "Do you even have a soul?"  Case in point, when I teared up at the surprise luncheon last weekend, my sister texted our cousin about it and told her I did indeed have a soul.  With that being said, I didn't really notice any specific emotions about the day.  Do I love my job?  No.  Do I like my job?  Yes.  Do I like my coworkers?  Definitely.  Even though I'm definitely gonna miss my coworkers (and possibly a steady paycheck), I didn't feel sad.  I don't really like goodbyes, but thankfully it wasn't as bad as I thought it might have been.  I wasn't necessarily glad to be leaving, but I still wasn't sad...maybe it just doesn't seem real to me.  The guy I was training to replace me kept commenting on how everyone seemed to be taking my departure pretty hard.  At one point he commented that he thought people would go into withdrawal once I left.  It was interesting to try and see it from his point of view - not really knowing any of the people in the situation since he's new.  I'm heading out to a late night bowling party with extended family, so I'm about to go through some more goodbyes. They really are hard, even though I'm fully counting on seeing them all again.  Then on Sunday I'll have another round of goodbye's to say... I guess I should just be thankful I have people to say goodbye to, and people who care that I'll be gone :)


good-bye (interjection)
farewell (a conventional expression used at parting).

(noun)  a farewell.

No comments:

Post a Comment