Sunday, March 16, 2014

Australia - Day 8

I thought I'd been doing so well the past few days.  Feeling ok about things, not too worried.  I made it to Central Baptist Church just in time for service (I had a bit of trouble finding it at first), and as I walked in and sat down I was so overcome with emotion I didn't know what to do with myself!  I nearly cried and I don't even know why. Thankfully, a very sweet young woman came over, sat down and started chatting with me to help take my mind off things.  It didn't last long though because just about every song made me want to cry.  Anyway, after a bit of an emotional service (for me anyway), the young gentleman, Tim, beside me started talking to me and then introduced me to a few of the other young people in the church.  Everyone was very nice and inviting.  It was definitely a lesson for me - I'm not the most welcoming person at my church back home.  I might say hello, but I don't make a ton of effort other than that, and after being a visitor just this one time I'm definitely going to try to make more of an effort when I get home.

On my way back to the hostel I happened upon Jennifer and her friends (sadly I can't remember their names, but they went on the beach walk with us yesterday) at the Vodafone store.  With their personal expertise and experience I was able to pick a phone and a plan!  Hopefully, I picked the right one :)  I just finished booking my flight to Adelaide for next Saturday and my hostel in Adelaide for 4 nights. The penny-pincher in me hates constantly paying for things knowing I don't have any money coming in, but as I typed that I remember that I've got my last paycheck coming in soon!  Well, I'd better go repack my bags and get ready for surf camp tomorrow.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment