Friday, March 28, 2014

Cleland Wildlife Park

Today I decided to visit Cleland Wildlife Park to see some Australian animals :)

For $20 it wasn't too bad. You got to see tons of wildlife and most of them were free to roam about and you could walk right up to them!  There are tons of kangaroos, of a few different species I believe and plenty of koalas as well.  You can actually pet the koalas during certain times of the day and even pay extra to get a portrait of you holding a koala.  As you might have gathered from previous posts, I didn't pay extra for a photo :)  One of the girls that works at the hostel showed me hers and they are really nice, but I guess I just don't care that much.  I saw wombats, emus, wallabies, dingoes, lots of different birds and even a Tasmanian devil.


Information: Open daily, rain or shine, from 9:30am to 5pm (except Christmas Day)
Tips: If you take the bus from the city, be aware that there are only 2 return times from the park (1:35pm and 4:35pm *as of March 2014).

In other news, I joined a website called Help Exchange last night and shot off an email for a homestay.  I had joined previously, but until you actually pay for the services you can't contact the hosts or read reviews from other guests.  There were a few different families/people who will take you into their home in exchange for some work, such as childcare, gardening, household chores, etc.  The woman I emailed first had some great reviews from previous guests and she's really close to the city, so I thought I would give it a shot.  The "downfall" (if you want to call it that) is that she has 2, twin, 5-year old sons and since she's putting her house on the market she doesn't need much housework done since she has already cleaned it.  That leaves childcare :)  So the upside is that they're boys.  They're going to pick me up Sunday afternoon and I will stay with her until the 14th of April.  I also got a call from one of the recruitment agencies today, nothing yet, but actually speaking to someone and giving them some more info about myself feels like progress.  So, if I still don't have a job by the time my two week homestay is up I can probably find another family.  I actually got an email offer from another family not too far from Adelaide, so they could be next :)

No comments:

Post a Comment