Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Adelaide - Day 3

Today was a bit more laid back, which was nice.  Read some of the newspaper over breakfast and then headed to Central Market for some fresh veggies and then to Coles for some other groceries. In the central market I found this great stall – just in case I had forgotten I was in Australia :)

I then headed to the library to apply for some more jobs, check emails and such.  I applied for about 4 more jobs, but didn’t find any new apartments to check out.  Anyway, I took the free tour of the library; which was actually quite interesting.  It’s not really much of a tour thought because you really only go through one room…  They have a little museum area which explains the history of South Australia.  They’re the only territory that actually had a library before they were formally colonized (or something like that).  The library was founded about 2 years before they were a colony, so there’s lots of history.  And the old section of the library is amazing – these pictures just don’t do it justice!!


You can go up onto the second story and look at the books too – I just loved it.  It’s a pretty great library and it’s actually the 2nd most visited attraction in Adelaide.  After the library tour I had a quick break before I had to head out again to go look at an apartment.  First appearances can be deceiving, but it was so perfect!!  A bit on the high end of rent, but the place is amazing (and very secure).  Just one roommate (a girl) and she seemed very friendly and nice.  There are apparently quite a few people interested, and since I would only stay about 6 weeks, I’m not holding my breath.  I told them I was interested and to call or email me if they decided to rent to me, so we’ll see what happens.  I haven’t heard back on any of the other places I called or emailed, so I’m still on the hunt.

It was rainy when I left the apartment, so I headed back to the hostel for some dinner.  I ended up sitting and talking to the girl from Latvia (I think her name is Linda) for a few hours.  She’s lived in Scotland for the last 5 years or more and has such a unique accent.  We both are terrified of spiders and are praying we don’t see any while living in the city.  Sadly, she leaves tomorrow for Melbourne.

No comments:

Post a Comment