Friday, June 27, 2014

Day 112

I have this really great habit of writing blog posts in my head when I'm nowhere near a computer, and by the time I get to one I've essentially forgotten everything I "wrote".  So last night, as I was trying to fall asleep, I had all this great stuff written in my head, and this morning it's all gone.  So, this morning you're stuck with a weather report.  It's been crazy windy here, and rather rainy as well, the last few days so it's been rather wet taking the dogs for a walk.  To be honest, we didn't even walk last night.  As we got to the park it started raining and we weren't even 50 yards down the path when it just started pouring.  Since it was so windy the umbrella I had quickly turned inside out and busted, and it was really only keeping my head and shoulders dry anyway.  I let them run for a bit and then decided I wasn't dedicated enough to spend 20 minutes walking around in the rain and decided to come back to the house.  I didn't fare much better this morning, but we did manage half a lap before I decided to call it quits.  As we were pulling into the driveway the rain turned to sleet for a little bit and then it poured again, so I think that was a decent decision.

 I've still been applying for jobs in Cairns and I did do a bit more research into the Dive Master internship.  They apparently do these types of internships all over the world, and of course you can always pay to do them as well.  I'm just feeling a bit like I'm in limbo and I'm not a big fan of that feeling.  I still have a few weeks until I arrive in Cairns and I still don't know how long I should wait around Cairns to find a job before I move on.  At this point I'm thinking I might just come home in November without changing my plane ticket, so in the back of my mind I'm trying to make sure I see everything I want to see before then, just in case.  Of course, returning in November starts me thinking about what I'll do when I get back.  All that to say, I haven't done a very good job the last couple days at being patient and trusting God for each future step.  I'm not sure I've gone so far as to worry about the next step, but I don't think I've done enough praying about the next step...


No comments:

Post a Comment