Saturday, June 7, 2014

Easy

The devotional book that I've been reading has been talking about prayer this week, and it hit me this morning on my walk that an awful lot of my prayers are really just requests for God to make my life easy.  I'd like to have everything just fall into place for me.  I'd like to find a job and a place to live, with relative ease and little stress.  It's far to easy for me to think of God as the "Easy" button in that Staples commercial.  It's a hard habit to break, even more so when there are things for which you'd sure like His expertise.  Honestly, who really likes to struggle at something, or have difficulty?  But sometimes the things for which you have struggled are the things you appreciate most.  At least that's what I'm told.  Truth be told, I can't necessarily think of any specific thing in life I struggled at but am really glad I did, but then again I could have just forgotten.  I think that's why God gives us friends and family, to remind us of the things we forget, the things He has done for us and the things he helped us through.  That's what my sister is for in my life (among other things), she helps me remember so much stuff, that, for whatever reason, just didn't burn into my mind.  I digress.  I think I'm going to try to focus on contentment - something I've never been very good at, I'll admit.  I'm in Australia because I want to live my life on purpose.  I wanted to try my hand at living overseas again, and this was my opportunity.  Job searching is part of that decision and I want to be content with that, maybe even enjoy the possibilities.  Well, that was my pep talk to myself today; maybe you can relate, maybe not....

In the movie "Bottle Shock" they talk about how the
grapes have to struggle or they don't make good wine.
You don't water or irrigate, they have to fight to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment