Monday, June 9, 2014

Free Polly Day

The cat is free!!  She's finally allowed outside and since I've found out I'm really not much of a cat person this is very good news for me.  I was able to skype with quite a few people yesterday morning, including my wonderful little sister, so that was really nice.  Lesley and the boys were supposed to come up for a visit (yesterday was a holiday for the Queen's birthday), but she ended up texting me that the boys desperately wanted to go to the movies, so they weren't going to make it. I didn't realize it was a "real" holiday, I thought it was more of just a school and bank holiday, but apparently it's not.  I was out of cat mince so I decided I'd run into town and get that and a few other groceries, but everything was closed!  I couldn't believe it, I'm just so used to stores back home not really closing for anything - not even Christmas!  I guess that just goes to show the laid-back attitude of the Aussies.

Well, I finally bit the bullet and called Judi this morning (a women I met at church).  I often thought of it while driving and just never got around to calling her, so today I remembered and decided I'd best call.  She was so glad I did because she didn't have my phone number, but she'd seen a Help Wanted sign on the local Subway and had talked to the manager.  Sadly, it comes when I've only got about 3 weeks left, but it can't hurt to stop by, so I should probably do that today.  We made plans for me to go to her house for lunch next Wednesday, so that will be nice.  Anyway, I've got to get ready for the day and head into town for the cat mince I couldn't get yesterday and stop in at Subway while I'm at it....

No comments:

Post a Comment