Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Staying Fit

I decided to head back out to Lyndoch yesterday and visited the Barossa Chateau (the beautiful part is the back, so I'd missed it the first time) and saw some of the Yaldara Estate.
 Beautiful old buildings and of course, the lovely rose garden that I'd visited a few days ago.  Since I was so close to "downtown" Lyndoch I decided to try the little German bakery again.  I thought someone had told me they have really good Bienenstich, so I bought some.  I first tried it at the Keller Miester and it was delicious; sadly, the Lyndoch Bakery version didn't seem to quite measure up.  It was still tasty, just not as good as I remember the one at the Keller Miester.
 Bienenstich, also known as Bee Sting Cake, or Bee sting cake is a German dessert made of a sweet yeast dough with a baked-on topping of caramelized almonds and filled with a vanilla custard, Buttercream or cream.

After I walked the dogs for the evening I headed to the church for a fitness class.  It was a really small group so I appreciated that since it was my first time.  It was a good mix of stretching and toning, with some light weights thrown in for good measure. Liz (I had dinner with her & her husband Brian) was one of the women there and afterwards she invited me over for dinner again on Thursday.  There is another class Friday morning (more cardio based I believe), but I'm heading into Adelaide so I won't be able to make it.

Well, I certainly am feeling my abs this morning - I guess it's nice to know I've still got them :)  While listening to a local Christian radio station this morning I heard a song by About A Mile.  They're a band made up of brothers, and my younger brother played basketball with them in high school.  Anyway, I'll be the first to admit I don't actually listen to their music per se, but I'd heard the song on the radio here before and didn't realize it was theirs.  When they played it this morning and said their name afterwards I couldn't believe it!  A band of boys from Western PA getting air time in South Australia.  It's a great song and you can check it out here.

It's supposed to rain tomorrow and although Dick told me I didn't really need to worry about mowing the lawn, it was definitely in need.  He had shown me how to run the lawn mower and after several attempts to get it started I was finally able to get it running and mow everything.  It's definitely not a self-propelled mower so I got a decent work out this morning too.  Thankfully they're yard isn't too big....

No comments:

Post a Comment