Tuesday, July 8, 2014

A Trip to the Zoo

I'm a bit late in posting this, but figured I should catch you all up.  I ended up finishing my house sit in Gawler and going back to Adelaide to stay with Doug & Rosalie for the weekend.  Since my plans had changed I didn't get a chance to say goodbye to those at Gawler Baptist, but I did send Brian & Liz and email thanking them for their hospitality and asking them to pass along my goodbyes.  They were even so kind as to invite me back to their house if I'm in the area during Christmas, which I thought was super sweet.  Doug & Rosalie picked me up from the train station Sunday morning and I was able to go back to Flinders Street Baptist and say goodbye to the folks there.  Torrey even had me go up on stage during the service and told everyone I was leaving.  Thankfully it wasn't too embarrassing.  Later that afternoon Rosalie and I headed to Glenelg (since it was sunny), they have a nice, new boardwalk so we took a walk along the beach.  After that we stopped in at Bracegirdle's House of Chocolate.  I never thought I'd say it but, their hot chocolate was literally too sweet, neither of us finished ours.  Granted, we'd had an ice cream cone on our walk and tried some of their chocolate mousse first, so that could have had something to do with it...

On Monday we ended up going to the Adelaide Zoo.  I honestly can't remember the last time I was at a zoo, so it was fun.
Hippos, Meerkat, Tiger, Wombat, Panda, and Cassowary

It was a chilly day (understandably, it is winter) so we got a pandaccino to warm us up.
It was a nice way to spend my last day in Adelaide and I felt very blessed to have met such a wonderful couple.  They took me to the airport and now I'm in Alice Springs!  Heading into the outback...

No comments:

Post a Comment