Wednesday, September 24, 2014

A Good Reminder

Well, I guess I've made my decision.  I wouldn't exactly say it was a definitive moment, it just sort of hit me this afternoon, that I won't be going.  Simple as that.  I was sitting in reception laughing and chatting with Agatha and Alicia, laughing at how often Agatha has had to change my work schedule, working on some sort of going away party for Sam & Lisa, making plans to go on a little holiday/picnic with them (Agatha & Alicia) in a few weeks: it was great.  I said see ya later, and as I was walking out the door that's when I realized that even though the bus trip doesn't sound as exciting, and I might regret not taking this sailing opportunity, I wouldn't be taking it.  I couldn't bring myself to tell the girls I was leaving and I really don't want to, so I'm not.  Sometimes I forget why I started this blog, especially now that it's mainly used to report my travel adventures, but I started it because I didn't want to live my life on accident.  So, I went back to my first post, my "About" section and realized that this sort of thing is exactly why I started the blog.  I'm staying in Cairns, on purpose, because I like it here and I love the people I've met here.  I'll have to leave eventually; either the heat will force me out or my visa expiration will force me to finish up my travels and head home.  Either way, I'm going to make the most of my time here in Cairns, however long that may be.

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment