Friday, October 31, 2014

A Lazy Halloween

It's been a few days, but I just haven't felt like blogging, and to be honest don't really feel like it at the moment either.  Caterina, Pukari, Emma, Rith, and I all went to the movies Wednesday night to watch "The Judge", so that was a lot of fun.  It was definitely better than "Gone Girl" so that was a plus.  I got an email yesterday morning from one of the staffing agencies I'd visited when I first arrived in Cairns telling me I had an interview this morning.  I had no idea what the job for which was being interviewed was, but it turned out to be for temp work in the Food & Beverage category.  So despite my lack of experience in that realm I was accepted and filled out all the paperwork to be an employee.  No idea how much work I'll be getting or how often, but hopefully it will be good and it should fit in with my teaching job at Nova and my working at Bohemia.  I just have a feeling it will cut into my volleyball time and I really don't want that - but I guess you can't have it all and I have had three months of volleyball already.

The cut on my foot is looking a bit better - all the scrubbing I have to do after it gets sandy and dirty at volleyball and then my laps in the swimming pool in the morning seem to be helping (or at the very least, not making it worse)...  It still looks gross, but I think it might finally be starting to heal.  I had a photo to show you all but it's just so gross looking I couldn't post it.  It looks a bit like a brain or something...very Halloween worthy.  I have discovered though that if I put a bandaid on the cut and then wear a sock it helps keep the bandage on and if the bandage does come loose the sock keeps the dust and dirt out.

I got to talk with my Dad and Cricket on the phone today; Crickett even sent me a photo of my puppy, who is no longer a puppy and whom I have never actually met - but isn't she cute!?

And just for the record, Halloween is pretty much a non-existent holiday in Australia.  They don't do trick-or-treat and only a few random places have any sort of decorations.  They also don't have Thanksgiving either (found that out this morning while reading the paid holidays at the staff agency).  Well, that's all I've got at the moment...maybe I'll feel up to writing something interesting tomorrow, but don't hold your breath :)

No comments:

Post a Comment